This is an analysis of the poem Wanderers that begins with:
AS I rode in the early dawn,
While stars were fading white, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbcdXDecfcfXfD bgegadfD XbhbhdbD
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11100101 110101 11010101 0110101 01011101 110001 11010100 110111 11111101 011101 01101001 0101111 01000111 011101 11010001 110111 11011101 110001 11110101 1101101 11111101 111111 11010011 110111 01011111 110101 11010101 011111 11010101 110101 11111111 110111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 356
- Average number of words per stanza: 65
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; by, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, by, and are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word go at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Wanderers;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.