This is an analysis of the poem Merrymind that begins with:
MERRYMIND, Merrymind, whither art thou roaming?
Merrymind, Merrymind, nay, art thou sleeping yet? ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababacac XbXb acac adad
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100100101110 100100111101 1011101111010 11101 1011111111010 1010101011101 10111010101010 00101 10100110011010 1011100110100 1100101001010 10111 101101101110 10101111101001 1001001111010 10101 11011010101110 1010100111100 1110100101110 00101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 239
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; merrymind, thou, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word merrymind is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Merrymind;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.