This is an analysis of the poem Hook that begins with:
I was only a young man
In those days. On that evening...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbdbe XfffXdgh egX icha ecfc cij cjXfhcXfcf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,8,3,4,4,3,10,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110011 0111110 011111 101110 1011010 001011110 111111 1110110 0101001 0111 11011 101 0101011 1010110 01110 1011 101101 0111 11111 01111 110110 0111 1011 011110 1110100010011 1101 1111 1101100101 110 01101011 1011 001 110 10 01101 110 010010110 1110
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 107
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 38
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hook;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.