This is an analysis of the poem Autumn Begins In Martins Ferry, Ohio that begins with:
In the Shreve High football stadium,
I think of Polacks nursing long beers in Tiltonsville,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXbc aXX XbXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,3,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 001111100 1101010110100 111001000110110 10101100101 10010 10110101011 11011110 1011 11 1111000100 100100010 1101000111010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 149
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, in are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Autumn Begins In Martins Ferry, Ohio;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by James Arlington Wright
- Analysis of Beginning
- Analysis of Lying In A Hammock At William Duffy's Farm In Pine Island, Minnesota
- Analysis of A Blessing