This is an analysis of the poem Woman, You Are Love Incarnated that begins with:
Now I've come to know -
I am a woman of weakness....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbc Xdbb efeX XXdX X ccXc XXcX fcXc acXc X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,1,4,4,4,4,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101 11010010 111001 1110101 11111 011110 1111101 1110001 011110 01010011 0111100 11110100101 101111000 100101001 11101010010 10100101 11110 11100101 110001101 10110100 1011101 1111 10101110101 1011101 11011101 10010011 101000101 10101011 10101101 10110101 10101111 10111010 10110101 010
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 87
- Average number of words per stanza: 17
- Amount of lines: 35
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, of, n are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word to is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines n is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word n at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Woman, You Are Love Incarnated;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Jaishankar Prasad
- Analysis of Kaamaayani - 'Lajja' Parichhed
- Analysis of Himadri Tung Shring Se
- Analysis of Beetee Vibhaavaree Jaag Ree