This is an analysis of the poem Die Tarentaal that begins with:
Die kruiwawiel se skreeugeluid
kerm hy droefgeestig uit...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110011100 111001 10110101 1100 11110111 110100 10011100 1111 11100100 111111 11110110 111 11101111 111100 1101111 1011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 142
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; die, half are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Die Tarentaal;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.