This is an analysis of the poem Die Godsbesluit that begins with:
Voor die onheilswoning en
tussen die skaars-beblaarde...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXaXaXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,7,11,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110001 101110 1001011 11001111 1101111 10110011 110111 11110010 1110111 01111 11100100 110111 111101110 1101101 1011011 1110 11111111 1110 10110111 110101 1111111 1110 11101101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 212
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Die Godsbesluit;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.