This is an analysis of the poem Daar Is Geen Dood that begins with:
Daar is geen dood.
Wat lewe heet, is net die op en neer...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaXa XXXXX XXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 1011 111011111 111111111 111110110 111001111 1011 111111111 1011110110 1111110010 1101111001 1011 111001111 1110111111 1011001110 10110101100
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 179
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; en, ons are repeated.
The author used the same word daar at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines dood is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Daar Is Geen Dood;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Jacob Daniël du Toit
- Analysis of O Die Pyn-Gedagte
- Analysis of Repos Ailleurs (Die Rus Is Elders)
- Analysis of Die Tarentaal