This is an analysis of the poem The Hidden Room that begins with:
I marvel if my heart,
Hath any room apart,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabccb ddeffe bbghhg ddiaai aaghhgXddcddc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,13,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110011 110101 1100010101 0100101 110101 1101110100 110111 011101 00101010101 111011 110101 0101010101 111111 010101 1111011101 110101 010111 0101010101 110111 010101 1111011101 100101 1110001 1101010101 110101 111101 1111010101 1101101 010101 0111010111 110111 111101 1111010101 0010101 0010001 00111111101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 186
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; its, of, i, it, or are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, is are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Hidden Room;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.