This is an analysis of the poem My Ain Bonnie Lass O' The Glen. that begins with:
Ae blink o' the bonnie new mune,
Ay tinted as sune as she's seen,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXabaXa XcXcdXXX XXXXeXed XXXXXXXa XadaXaba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101011 11011111 11101101 11001101 11101011 11001001 111101011 01101101 11001101 11011101 1101110 11011001 111101011 11011101 11010101 11110101 11011111 0100111 101011101 11101011 11011011 101001101 11011001 11011001 0111110 11011111 11101110 1111110 11111001 101101011 10111101 1110101 11101010 1111101 11001101 111101101 11011101 1111011 11001011 11100111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 267
- Average number of words per stanza: 55
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o', her, my are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words my, an' are repeated.
The author used the same word my at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of My Ain Bonnie Lass O' The Glen.;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.