This is an analysis of the poem His Mother that begins with:
In the first dawn she lifted from her bed
The holy silver of her noble head,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaabbb ccc cXc aaX ddX aaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,3,3,3,3,3,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 0011110001 0101000101 1101010101 11111110111 1101011101 1101011111 1111111101 1111110101 0111111111 1111111111 01011011111 1111011101 1101111111 1011111101 01110101010 1101110101 1011011101 1101011110 11110001001 1111110101 01000100011
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 154
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; listened, and, thy, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of His Mother;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.