This is an analysis of the poem His Wife And Baby that begins with:
In the lone place of the leaves,
Where they touch the hanging eaves, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabccbddXeeX aabffXXaabccb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,13,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0011001 1110101 110101011101110 1010001 1010001 110101010111010 111101 011001 010111001111010 110101 1011111 110111010101110 110101 111101 111001010111010 110111 110111 111101111101110 111101 0011001 110110011101010 110101 010101 110110011101010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 354
- Average number of words per stanza: 64
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; as, her are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, she are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of His Wife And Baby;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.