This is an analysis of the poem The Ocean that begins with:
Morn on the Summer Sea- the breaking light
Is trembling on the mountain's misty height,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb ccddaa eeffgg gghhbbddgXbbXiiijj eeaXbbkkeehhXjjggee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,6,6,18,19,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1101010101 01001010101 1101110101 11001010101 1111010101 11001010101 10010100111 10011010001 1100010111 1011010101 1111011101 1001010101 11010100111 1111110101 0101010101 11110101101 11100010011 1101010111 1111010111 1011011101 11110100111 1101001011 10110100101 1011110101 10110100111 110101010 0111111101 1111011101 10111101100 11010010101 1111010111 11011101001 1111011111 11010011101 1101010101 1111011101 1011010111 0011010100 1111010101 01001000111 0111010101 0101110100 10110010101 1011111101 0101011111 1011001111 1101011001 100011011001 0111110101 1011001101 1111110101 1011010101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 392
- Average number of words per stanza: 69
- Amount of lines: 52
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, on, thy are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, the are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Ocean;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.