This is an analysis of the poem Tiger Hunting in India with Elephants that begins with:
We cross'd a brawling mountain torrent, far
From our Indian camp. The red, angry glare... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbc deafbbdghigcgb cifXhjkXiX jgXddbbgfiij jekgcjbbgXjc dbhbjhXhfd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,14,10,12,12,10,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101010101 01100101101 0101110101 0111010111001 1000110001 1101010101 0111110101 0001010101001 11111010101 11110001101 11010111001 1101010111 1011010011 110011001101 1101010101 1100111011 11010001101 1101010101 1111011011 1011110101 0101010100 0101110101 0111010101 01010100001 1011010111 01010110101 1101011110 0101010101 11010111001 1101000101 0101110101 1011010001 1011111101 1001010001 0101111001 1101110101 0111010101 11010100101 1100110010 0101111101 1101110101 1101010011 01010010101 11010101001 1001000101 0101010101 1011010101 1001010101 1101010111 1100010101 1001011101 1111010101 1101010101 1101010101 1101010001 1111110101 1111010101 0101110101 0101101101 1111111101 1111010001 0111011101 01010111001
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 473
- Average number of words per stanza: 81
- Amount of lines: 63
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of, fast, thro' are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words of, past, the are repeated.
The author used the same words we, there at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Tiger Hunting in India with Elephants;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.