This is an analysis of the poem Verordnet Diesem Geschlecht Keinen Glauben that begins with:
Do not decree faith on this race,
stars, ships and smoke are enough; ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXXXX aX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,2,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011101 1111101 000101010 11101000100 10110101 010110001 010111111 00100111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 147
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Verordnet Diesem Geschlecht Keinen Glauben;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Ingeborg Bachmann
- Analysis of The Game Is Over (Das Spiel Ist Aus)
- Analysis of Bruderschaft
- Analysis of Die Häfen Waren Geöffnet