This is an analysis of the poem Die Häfen Waren Geöffnet that begins with:
Die Häfen waren geöffnet. Wir schifften uns ein,
die Segel voraus, den Traum über Bord,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXa XXXXXa XXXX X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,6,4,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 11101011011 110101111 11111101101 1101010111101011 10101011010110 11 1111101011 101101110100110 1101111011 1 111101010110 11101101010 10011001010 1001011101011 111111101110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 168
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; die, und are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word die is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Die Häfen Waren Geöffnet;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.