This is an analysis of the poem Theme And Variation that begins with:
That summer there was no honey.
The queens led their swarms away,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbbA Cdee ccfghXg hfXfefc fcX idcaCd jhhAiejb aXXX cbegfceg A X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,7,7,3,6,8,4,8,1,1,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11011110 0111101 0110111001 010001110 1110111101 10111010101 10110100100100 0100110101010 0101010101 10011011 11111111 01110110 110101001 01001011000 10110101 10010010001001 101 11101110111010 101101010 1001011011 01100100101 1011 10110 111010111100 101 1001001 11010101 111110 11001010 1110111101 011 1100010101 01111 10101 010001110 10111 110010010 01000101101 0110111001 001001010110 1110001 1011 110001 01011 0111101 1110100010 100100 0101011 0111 01101011 1111 11011110 01000101100110
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 164
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 54
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Theme And Variation;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.