This is an analysis of the poem Night Watch, The that begins with:
At Bethlehem... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdddceefXddXXcggcddffdddffd XhcaacbdbfdahdfX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 29,16,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 1101 101001 1111 101111 110111 1100101 100111 100111 010111 10100101 110101 10100111 1 10100 101001 1111 011100 0111 110101 111111 100101 1101 0011111 1111101 110111 111001110 10101010 10100101 1 1011100 101001 1111 111111 11001 110111 011111 011111 001101 011101 010111 010101 111101 110101 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 594
- Average number of words per stanza: 111
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, well, we are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Night Watch, The;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.