This is an analysis of the poem Not Yet that begins with:
Not yet from the yellow west,
Fade, light of the autumn day; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcXc dcdcefeXaaaacfc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,15,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1100101 1100101 1111001 1101 1110111 1010111 0101 1100111 1100111 111101 0101 1111111 11101001 11001 1111111 1111111 1101101 11011 1011111 1011111 1101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 211
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Not Yet;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.