This is an analysis of the poem California Jubilee Poem that begins with:
Aye, but my feet are light upon the hills!
Light as the leaping deer, light as the wind, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdaaedfXXg bcfXaeXXbfaXdgcbebb bdgfagaaXgaXeg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,19,14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111110101 1101011101 1101011101 1111100100 0111000101 1011111101 1001010101 01001011101 0101010111 1100010100 101110111 11000101001 1111101011 10011101101 1100010101 11010101000 0101010001 1111010100 1101011101 0001010100 1101011101 1001110111 1101110101 1001010101 1101110001 1101010111 010101001 0101010101 1100110101 11010101011 1111110111 1101111011 1111100111 1110011111 1111111111 1101010111 1101100101 1111011101 1101010101 1111101111 10011011101 1110111101 0110011100 1000010101 11000101001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 657
- Average number of words per stanza: 126
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; light, as, and, one, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words light, the, and are repeated.
The author used the same word aye at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of California Jubilee Poem;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.