This is an analysis of the poem Coming, The that begins with:
I gathered flowers the summer long;
I dozed the days on sunny leas, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab bcbc dede fefe bbbX fgXg hihi ejejXbbbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 110100101 11011101 11110001 110101 11010101 010010101 01011111 110101 11011101 11011111 11110111 100110 111001001 11110111 01011101 010001 11101101 11010101 11100101 111101 11111101 110101001 11010111 010101 11110101 11010101 11110111 110111 11010101 11110101 11011101 111111 11011101 01110101 11111101 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 147
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, by are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, or, and are repeated.
The author used the same word my at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Coming, The;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.