This is an analysis of the poem An Answer that begins with:
The wind was very sad among the branches,
The moon had hid its light; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXb XcXc ddbd aebe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01110101010 011101 11110100010 111101 11010111010 111011 11110100110 111101 11110111110 101101 11011111110 110101 11010111010 011101 11110011010 100111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 159
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, and are repeated.
The author used the same word and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of An Answer;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.