This is an analysis of the poem Art Of William Keith, The that begins with:
Here, vast and awful, the Sierras rear
Their everlasting summits to the sky; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaaXbacXdcXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1111000101 1101010001 0101000111 0111010001 0101010101 1101010100 0101101101 00110001001 0011010001 01010101001 1101010101 11010111001 11011101000 1101100101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 641
- Average number of words per stanza: 102
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; with is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words these, here are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Art Of William Keith, The;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.