This is an analysis of the poem A Patriot that begins with:
A patriot be - for knowledge, freedom,
The soul's too small a price to pay!...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabaCXDeXfbfCXDefXXXCXDe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 24,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0100011010 01110101 11101110 01011101 11101010 1111101 010101110 1010111 011001010 10111010 10111010 10101110 11101010 1111101 010101110 1010101 11111010 10100110 10001111 01110111 11101010 1111101 010101110 1110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 774
- Average number of words per stanza: 148
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Patriot;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.