This is an analysis of the poem Jeg Takker Eder, I Kære Venner that begins with:
Jeg takker Eder, I kære Venner,
At I stod hos mig, dengang det kneb;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXaXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110101110 111111011 1101011 110101101 111110000 0101111 11100 111 10010 1101 10111111 11111100 110110 11101111 1111011100 11111111 10110 1011 11100 1101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 290
- Average number of words per stanza: 57
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; jeg is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words jeg, gentag are repeated.
The author used the same word jeg at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Jeg Takker Eder, I Kære Venner;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Holger Drachmann
- Analysis of Jeg Tænkte At Træde I Kirken Ind
- Analysis of Jeg Vaagner Om Natten Og Skriger
- Analysis of Johanne Luise Heiberg