This is an analysis of the poem Jeg Rejste Mig Aarle that begins with:
Jeg rejste mig aarle,
Jog Søvnen fra Øjets Laag,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXa XaXXXaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111 11111 11110 101101 111010 11101 111110 1111111 1111 1110101 110110 1101101 0101 101101 10110 1111110
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 194
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; jeg is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word jeg is repeated.
The author used the same word jeg at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Jeg Rejste Mig Aarle;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Holger Drachmann
- Analysis of Jeg Sejled En Nat Over Havet
- Analysis of Jeg Stod Paa Den Vildene Hede
- Analysis of Jeg Takker Eder, I Kære Venner