This is an analysis of the poem On My Sister Joanna's Entrance Into Her 33rd Year that begins with:
On this thy natal day permit a friend -
A brother - with thy joys his own to blend:... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb XXcdaa eeffcdggXaffXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,6,14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1010110101 0100110101 011011101 1100110101 1001010101 0110111101 1111010101 1111111101 0100110101 110100100001 1101111101 1101011101 0101010101 01010100001 0001111101 1101010111 10011001101 1101010001 01010101010 1111110001 1101010101 1101011101 110100101010 1101010111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 342
- Average number of words per stanza: 62
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, thy, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of On My Sister Joanna's Entrance Into Her 33rd Year;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.