This is an analysis of the poem A Tenant Of Mrs. Van Kleeck that begins with:
Translation of a letter from a tenant of Mrs. Van Kleeck to that lady, dated January 9, 1787
... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X XXaaaabb ccaaddeeeeeeffddgg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,8,18,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 0100010001001011011010101011 11001101011 1011100111011 11111011111 11101001011 111011111001 111111111011 1101111111 11011101011 110011010010 1100100110010 11011111011 11111001011 110011110001 11001110100 111110110110 011110011010 111110110001 1110010010010 01111001101 11111101001 01001011111 11011011100 111101001101 11001111001 11111101111 11011011011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 431
- Average number of words per stanza: 84
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, that, and, it are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines it is repeated).
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase it connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of A Tenant Of Mrs. Van Kleeck;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.