This is an analysis of the poem To The Memory Of Sarah Livingston that begins with:
BEYOND where billows roll or tempests vex
Is gone the gentlest of the gentle sex!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXXbbccXXddddaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 0111011101 01010000101 0101111101 0100010111 01010010111 110101111 11110010111 1101110101 0101010001 1001010101 1100010111 111100101 1101010111 11010001001 1101010101 1101110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 698
- Average number of words per stanza: 119
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To The Memory Of Sarah Livingston;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Henry Livingston Jr.
- Analysis of Acrostic -- Eliza Hughes
- Analysis of To The Memory Of Henry Welles Livingston
- Analysis of Careless Philosopher's Soliloquy