This is an analysis of the poem To A Pair Of Blucher Boots that begins with:
OLD acquaintance unforgotten,
Though you may be “ugly brutes”—... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXAB cdcd ecec fgfg AXXB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101000 11101010 11101110 1110101 10101011 1010101 10101111 0011111 10111010 1111101 11110010 0010101 11011010 1110101 11101110 1110101 11101110 11101010 10111000 1110101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 130
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To A Pair Of Blucher Boots;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.