This is an analysis of the poem Rain In The Mountains that begins with:
The Valley's full of misty cloud,
Its tinted beauty drowning,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd efef ghgh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 01010101 0101010 01010101 0101110 01010101 0101010 110010101 1101010 01000101 1101010 01011101 1111110 11010111 1101110 10010101 0111010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 161
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Rain In The Mountains;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.