This is an analysis of the poem The Wreck Of The `derry Castle' that begins with:
Day of ending for beginnings!
Ocean hath another innings, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabaaab ccdcXcX eXaaaaa cfcf eaXaXcdcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,4,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101010 10101010 1010101 10101010 10101010 10101010 1010101 10101010 10101010 0011111 11111010 11111110 11101110 1000100 11101010 10101100 1111111 10110110 00100110 10101110 1011111 10101110 1010001 10101110 1111101 10101010 1111111 10111100 1111111 10101010 1010101 10101010 1010001
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 166
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 34
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; shadow, ships, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words ocean, and, shadow are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines winnings is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Wreck Of The `derry Castle';
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.