This is an analysis of the poem The Change that begins with:
Il sabio mude conseio: Il loco persevera.
We lov'd as friends now twenty years and more: ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X XXaabcddeeffggaXhhbceeXXeehh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,28,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101101101000 1111110011 1111011011 1111001101 1111110111 101111001 01000100101 0101110101 0101011011 0011011001 1101010101 0101111111 1101110101 1011010101 1111110101 1010010101 010101000 1111111101 1101101100 1011110101 0100110101 11011100001 1101111101 10011100111 1100110101 0101010011 1111111101 11101111001 1111110001
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 624
- Average number of words per stanza: 110
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, our are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Change;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.