This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet. Vvere Thy Heart Soft As Thou Art Faire that begins with:
VVere thy heart soft as thou art faire,
Thou wer't a wonder past compare: ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccccXcXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111111 11010101 11011101 11011101 110100110 110101010 11101101 11010101 110110000 11010100 11110110 100010100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 433
- Average number of words per stanza: 74
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet. Vvere Thy Heart Soft As Thou Art Faire;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.