This is an analysis of the poem To The Same Lady Upon Mr. Burtons Melancholy that begins with:
If in this Glass of Humours you do find
The Passions or diseases of your mind, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbXXccdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 0001010111 0101010011 1011110101 1101010111 1011011101 1111110100 1111110111 0001111001 1101010101 1101010111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 409
- Average number of words per stanza: 78
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To The Same Lady Upon Mr. Burtons Melancholy;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Henry King
- Analysis of St. Valentines Day
- Analysis of The Acquittance
- Analysis of Sonnet. Go Thou That Vainly Do'st Mine Eyes Invite