This is an analysis of the poem Written In The Year 1779, When The Combined that begins with:
When the keen axe remorseless laid
The woods of Edgecombe low,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcdefefghghghghigigjfjfahahcaca
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 36,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10110101 010101 11110111 0010001 01001101 01011 11010101 110101 11111111 1011001 11111001 1100101 11011101 0101010 11011101 01001010 11110111 110011 11110001 110101 10010111 010101 11100101 010101 11111101 110101 110010001 110101 01110001 111101 11110001 110101 11100101 0100101 11111101 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1161
- Average number of words per stanza: 199
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Written In The Year 1779, When The Combined;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.