This is an analysis of the poem Verses Addressed To A Lady that begins with:
Of toil you say a moderate share
In each pursuit should rise,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcdececbcba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011101001 010111 11111101 110101 010010111 010001 01101101 011101 11010101 010101 11010111 010001 11011101 110101 11010101 010011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 474
- Average number of words per stanza: 87
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Verses Addressed To A Lady;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Henry James Pye
- Analysis of Verses Sent To The Corps Of Wantage
- Analysis of Ode On The Divine Omnipresence
- Analysis of The Ninth Olympic Ode Of Pindar