This is an analysis of the poem Lillie Of The Snowstorm that begins with:
To his home, his once white, once lov'd cottage,
Late at night, a poor inebriate came;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbdefe gg cg XgXgahch XiXiciXX cbcbXfdX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,2,2,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0010111110 1110101011 0010101110 111110111 1011101010 111111001 1111101010 101110001 1010111010 101010111 1011101010 001110101 1010101010 101111101 1011111000 011110101 1110100110 101110011 1110101010 101010101 1010111010 101011001 1011101010 101110111 10011101010 111110101 1111111010 1011101010 1010101010 101010111 1010101010 1001110101 1111100010 111010101 10100111110 10110101110
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 255
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word won't is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lillie Of The Snowstorm;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Henry Clay Work
- Analysis of The Old Village Doctor
- Analysis of Columbia's Guardian Angels
- Analysis of Beautiful Rose