This is an analysis of the poem On The Future Of Poetry that begins with:
Bards of the Future! you that come
With striding march, and roll of drum,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabXXXccdXeebXffffXbgghhaaXXeeiijjhhddkk
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 40,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10010111 01011101 10110100 01110100 11001101 01110100 000101010 000101010 01000101 01010100 01000101 01110111 11110001 01011000 11010101 01100101 11010111 11011100 10011111 11010101 11010101 11110111 11110011 11110111 11111101 11011001 11010101 11001100 10111101 00010101 11011101 01011101 11110101 01110111 01110101 10110101 10011101 01110101 11110110 11011101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1363
- Average number of words per stanza: 256
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On The Future Of Poetry;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.