This is an analysis of the poem A Rondeau To Ethel that begins with:
“IN teacup-times”! The style of dress
Would suit your beauty, I confess; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbXaXbCXaabbaC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 01110101 11110101 010101111 11010101 111010100 11111101 11011000 11010101 0111 01110101 11010101 11011101 01011001 11111111 0111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 258
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Rondeau To Ethel;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.