This is an analysis of the poem Snow that begins with:
There is nothing in the world that’s as silent as snow
when gently through air it’s decending,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbXc adbbc acdXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 1010001111011 110110100 101111 10101 10010101110 10100010010001 110011010 11101 11101 1110001110 1010001111011 11100001010 10111 10101 001010011110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 190
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Snow;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.