This is an analysis of the poem Lament that begins with:
So bitterly my heart ached,
so weary were my feet,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabaXcc DCAC efgfXcC DCAC ehbhXcCXdcgc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,4,7,4,12,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1100111 110011 11110111 111101 01011101 111111 101 1111010 1111001 11011101 111111 1101010 010001 11111111 011001 01010111 011111 101 1111010 1111001 11011101 111111 1101010 111101 01110101 110111 01110011 011111 101 1111010 110111 11011111 111111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 163
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my, so, come are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words so, come, the are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Lament;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.