This is an analysis of the poem Lines Written In An Album that begins with:
OF THE BARONESS
D' H---, TO HER TWO DAUGHTERS.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aX bcbc cdcd baba eded
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 00100 1100110 11010101 010111 11110101 010011 010010011 111111 11010101 110101 110100111 011111 11010001 1100001 101111011 0101001 10110111 111111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 114
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lines Written In An Album;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.