This is an analysis of the poem Lines To Helen that begins with:
A NEW-BORN INFANT, 1821.
... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X aabb ccbb XXdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 011101 1111100001 0101111101 1111010101 110111 1101010001 1101000101 111101110010 1101010 1101110101 1101010101 10110111001 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 130
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lines To Helen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.