This is an analysis of the poem Lines Addressed To A.C. that begins with:
DEAR Babe, soft object of my care,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXccaa X ddaaaa X eebbaa X ffeeaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,1,6,1,6,1,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 11110011 01111111 01111101 01010101 11110101 1100111 1 11110111 11010101 11010111 11100101 11010101 10100111 1 11000101 11110101 11010111 01111111 11010101 111111 1 11111101 11010101 110111101 11010101 11010101 101111
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 122
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 31
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lines Addressed To A.C.;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.