This is an analysis of the poem My Brook that begins with:
Earth holds no sweeter secret anywhere
Than this my brook, that lisps along the green... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabba cccdcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1111010101 1011110101 0101011111 1111010101 1101010101 0111010001 0101110111 1111010101 1001011101 01001010101 11011101001 11110101001 1101010101 0101010011
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 300
- Average number of words per stanza: 54
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of My Brook;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.