This is an analysis of the poem To Diane that begins with:
THE RUDDY poppies bend and bow,
Diane! do you remember? ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aBaaccDB cBccccdB eBeeddDb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010111 0111010 01111101 01110101 110110111 11110101 111001 0111010 11011100 0111010 11111111 01011111 11111101 11011101 111001 0111010 11010111 0111010 110011111 11110101 110101001 11000111 111001 0111010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 281
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word remember at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase diane connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of To Diane;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.