This is an analysis of the poem Jeanie's Black Ee; Or Tha' Mi 'N Am Chodal, 'sna Duisgibh Mi that begins with:
The sun raise sae rosy, the grey hills adorning!
Light sprang the lavroc and mounted sae hie;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXab XbbX XbXX XbXX acac XbXX XbcX XbXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011110011010 1101011011 110011111010 11011011011 010010111010 11001111011 11011110111 111001101 11011110110 10111010011 1111011001 111001101 1101010111010 11101011111 111011101101 111001101 10011111010 1001110011 10110010110 1101011011 11111011011001 10011011001 1100101111111 1101111001 111101100101 1011011111 110101101101 1101111001 101101101111 1011011011 11110011110101 111001101
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 190
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, her are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ' is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Jeanie's Black Ee; Or Tha' Mi 'N Am Chodal, 'sna Duisgibh Mi;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.