This is an analysis of the poem Prologue : Written At The Request Of The Managers Of The Public Kitchen At Edinburgh, For The Benefi that begins with:
When discord first, with hate infuriate, hurl'd
Their baneful influence o'er a suffering world;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddeeffgg hheeaacciijjggaaddccjjiihhkkXhXjjiidd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,37,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 11010101011 11001001001001 10110101010 11010101110 1001100101 0101110001 1011010101 1100101001001 1111110101 1011010111 110001011001 1001011101 10110101001 01110100101 1001011101 01010101001 1011000101 11011100101 10011010101 1011110101 1011010001 1011011101 1011110001 11110101001 0101110101 01010010101 1101110101 1111010001 0101010101 01010101001 010101010111 0101010101 1101110101 1101010101 10110010101 1101110111 11011101001 1101010001 0111000101 10110101001 1011011101 1011011111 01011101001 1111010101 0111111101 1101010101 0101010011 1111011101 0111010101 1101010001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 771
- Average number of words per stanza: 131
- Amount of lines: 50
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word till is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Prologue : Written At The Request Of The Managers Of The Public Kitchen At Edinburgh, For The Benefi;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.