This is an analysis of the poem Stricken [from] that begins with:
a teacher ::record:: helps a boy get a gun...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a b X a cX d X b e f c b a g X d X h i i X a X c f a b a b b h g b X a b a i b a J a e e J e X b Xb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,1,1,2,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01 01001101101 00110110100 01 101 0100101 1010010 01110100110 1110000101 011110 11110010101 1111011 110 0101010 010001100110 10001000111011110001000 101010110110 11101001011010011011010010100010110 010101100110 11111100 11001010001010 1100010 01 0010111011 00111 110100 01 1010001001 11101 01010010 1010111010 0101110 10010100110 01111 10001 1010101 1001010 01 101100 1110011010 1 00100 01 010100 00101010 00100 00100 1110111 11010011 1101101
- Amount of stanzas: 51
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 29
- Average number of words per stanza: 5
- Amount of lines: 76
- Average number of symbols per line: 20 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; record, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, are repeated.
The author used the same words i, the, at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Stricken [from];
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.